A spacious A-frame chapel with traditional pews ideal for weddings, memorials, religious events, concerts, and meetings. 300 person capacity. The chapel has beautiful stained glass windows on three sides depicting multiple world religions. For detailed information and photographs, click here. For rental rates, click here.
Architect Reginald Inwood of Carmel, California designed the Sanctuary of Northbrae Community Church. The Sanctuary was dedicated in 1967, as the Laurance L. Cross Memorial Chapel. Completed by the Lathrop Construction Company of Berkeley, California in January 1958, it took 120 days to erect at a cost of $80,000 without furnishings. The building is an A-frame construction of redwood, stone and glass. Artist Dixi Hall of Laguna Beach, California designed the six pieces of Italian glass mosaic. They include the pulpit, the lectern, the altar, and the altar symbols: the cross, menorah, and torch. These symbols represent the Christian, Jewish and other religious traditions from which Northbrae draws its religious perspective of openness.
The stained glass windows were designed and constructed by the Wallis Stained Glass Company of Pasadena, California, in collaboration with Rev. Cross. The digital-sampling electronic organ is from the Rodgers Company of Portland, Oregon.
CHAPEL DETAILS Floor Plan Photographs with captions
3,500 square feet, 300 person capacity, 34 pews plus additional seating in the stage area and with folding chairs. A sound system with two microphones. A piano and organ. A large entry area and stage area. Stained glass windows on three sides and full height sliding doors on the fourth side looking out on a walled garden. A 37 space parking lot and additional street parking all around the campus. Handicapped accessible.